We are surrounded by all things so beautiful and to soak in the beauty of those things God has given us the beautiful gift of eyes. Wonder what would it have been if we had no eyes? The joy of living, the happiness we soak by noticing others happy, the beauty of nature, the rising sun, the magnificent moon, we would have missed all of that. Eyes make our soul witness all the greater and beautiful things in life.
To maintain the health of our eyes we do nothing at all because they themselves maintain their health. But, at times there are certain problems which need extra attention and care.
Some of the problems that can create havoc for eyes are the problem of dry and watery eyes. Excess of something is always bad. And, now a days when we over indulge in things like watching TV, using computer, mobile phones and are more than ever exposed to pollutants, micro-organisms, dust present in the air then are eyes bear the brunt of all this. Easily everyone gets effected with these impurities and results in getting eye infections, flu etc. These might not affect our eyes instantly but are dangerous. Thanks to our eyes natural recovering process, we do not have to face any problems.
Nature has designed our bodies in a way that all things take place in a proper way and in order, one after the other. There are times when some external or maybe internal factors affect the natural working system of our body.
It happens in case your eyes have any kind of irritation or due to inflammation of the outer eye surface.
There are many reasons because of which your eyes could be creating a lot of tears. There is no clear explanation for this but when this happens tears keep rolling out.
Tears keep your eyes healthy by keeping it moist, glistening, maintains the clear vision and throwing out the unwanted particles from it.
Some reasons are:
Too much of dryness
This could be the reason because then the natural system of the body tries to combat the problem by producing excess tears.
Poor drainage of tears
When you have a tear duct that is blocked and because of it the eyes become unable of draining the normal volume of tears.
Reason for the ooverproduction of tears
- Some reasons for the over-production are
- It might happen due to fumes and chemicals
- Infective Conjunctivitis
- Allergic Conjunctivitis
- Dry lashes
- Allergy like hay fever could cause it
- Infection in the cornea also known as keratitis
- Use of some specific type of medicines
Symptoms of having watery eyes
- Blurry or reduced vision
- Swelling in the eyelids, around the eyes
- Sensation of having something in the eye
- When the eye constantly remains red
- Cut cucumber in thick slice, put them in a refrigerator and allow them to cool then place it over your eyelids and soothe your irritated eyes.
- Massage ice cubes over the eyelids.
- Applying pulp of aloe vera to the eyelids gives instant relief.
- Take a few dried raisins. Keep them soaked in water over night and have them with warm milk the very next day.
- Drink loads of water every day to keep your body’s functioning healthy.
When your eyes are unable to produce the right amount of tears and unable to lubricate your eyes then in this case you are suffering from the problem of dry eyes. It might feel uncomfortable and could even create burning and stinging sensation in your eyes.
Not that always these occur for a very long period, as at times you might be experiencing these in some particular situations like in a closed room which may be air conditioned, while riding a bike or too much sitting in front of the computer screen.
- Scratchy, stinging, burning sensation in your eyes
- Accumulation of stringy mucus around your eyes or inside
- Hypersensitivity to light, normal sensitivity could also be the reason
- Redness of eyes
- Irritated feeling of having something inside your eyes
- Difficulty in wearing contact lenses
- Problem driving at night
- Watery eyes, which is the body’s response to the irritation of dry eyes
- Eyes getting fatigued easily
- Blurry vision
- Consume flaxseed oil in your diet daily whether with food or fruits
- Put 1 drop of castor oil in your eyes daily
- Mix lavender oil with water and make a solution then later apply it to the eyes with a cloth by dipping it in the oil. This is soothe your eyes to a great extent.
- Apply aloe vera to eyelids
Ayurveda has a magical, easy and affordable treatment for the problems. If you are suffering from the problem of Dry or Watery Eyes then visit a certified Ayurveda Doctor at the earliest.